Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Women in Leadership.
Rachel Fisher brought up so many great points during her lecture it's really hard to pick just one. Most importantly, Rachel talked about being a woman in leadership and how you just need to own it. I never really thought of it that way, but after she said it I realized that it was very true. So many times woman compare themselves to men, and sometimes try to emulate different qualities, when in the end you will be so much more successful by just being yourself. I think her talking about how women are seen as being comedic when they are leaders rather than serious is definitely something to consider. So many times I see women that second guess themselves in their positions and its something that they should just try to be more serious and sure of themselves. She explained that women leaders are likely to take longer to do something than men are, however when they do finish it is received better. I think she brought up a great point about thinking outside of the box. She talked about a leader in a beer company that came in and completely changed up their advertising for the Super Bowl commercial. Although people were unsure on how to react to this change- it was the most successful commercial the company has to this date. This just shows the impact that one person can have on either a company or organization.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment